Adjustments being made in response to COVID-19 pandemic, effective Mar2020:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we must proceed with caution and social distance, and because of this, our services have changed, for now.
- Bellevue Veterinary Hospital is still open 7 days/week 8:30 to 5:30, but we have fewer staff on hand, day to day.
- Our Veterinary Housecall Service has been postponed for now.
In order to minimize contact at this time, we are performing as much veterinary care as possible via telemedicine. We can consult and prescribe at a distance, within reason, and will try our best to do so. Phone 250-248-2031 to enquire. (Sometimes emailed photos are helpful to us, so keep this in mind.)
If you feel your pet needs attention via our direct contact, we will have a preliminary phone consultation to review the situation, as well as triage the urgency and the need for direct care in the hospital. If/when you arrive, please call our reception desk 250-248-2031 from your vehicle in the parking lot and we will go from there.
- All cats must be in a carrier of some kind.
- All dogs must be on a leash and be capable of having us take them into the clinic without you at this time.
- Some very nervous pets may need sedation for us to examine them without you. Sometimes this can be set up for you before bringing the pet. We can discuss this during our initial phone call, if it's needed.
Please alert us if any of the following applies to you:
- Travel outside of Canada within the last 14 days or direct contact with someone who has had.
- Symptoms of flu or cold within the last 14 days (coughing, sneezing, congestion, fever) or have had direct contact with someone who has had these symptoms.
Thank you so much for your patience during this time.
Please stay safe and healthy!