Adjustments being made in response to COVID-19 pandemic: (update May 26/20)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are following recommendations from our provincial and federal veterinary governing/advocacy authorities (Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, College of Veterinarians of BC, and the Society for BC Veterinarians), in order to practice distancing, to protect our staff and the public.
- Vets & staff at Bellevue Veterinary Hospital are available 7 days/week 8:30 to 5:30, but we have fewer staff at a time, each day and the building is closed to the public.
- Our Veterinary Housecall Service has been postponed for now.
- Elective (non-urgent) surgeries are very gradually being added soon. (There is a long backlog and we will do our best to chip away at this safely.)
In order to minimize contact at this time, we are performing as much veterinary care as possible via telemedicine. We can consult and prescribe at a distance, within reason, and will try our best to do so. Phone 250-248-2031 to enquire. (Sometimes emailed photos are helpful to us, so keep this in mind.)
If you feel your pet needs attention via our direct contact, we will have a preliminary phone consultation to review the situation and triage the need for direct care in the hospital. If/when you arrive, please call our reception desk 250-248-2031 from your vehicle in the parking lot and we will go from there.
- All cats must be in a carrier of some kind.
- All dogs must be on a leash and be capable of having us take them into the clinic without you at this time.
- Some very nervous pets may need sedation for us to examine them without you. Sometimes this can be set up for you before bringing the pet. We can discuss this during our initial phone call, if it's needed.
Please alert us if any of the following applies to you:
- Symptoms of illness within the last 10 days (coughing, sneezing, congestion, fever, GI upset) or have had direct contact with someone who has had these symptoms.
- Travel outside of our area within the last 14 days or direct contact with someone who has been travelling.
Thank you so much for your patience during this time.
Please stay safe and healthy!