Bellevue Veterinary Hospital
Visit us in Parksville, BC
Open 7 Days a Week
Tools & Technology
Meet the team
Days a week we are there for you
Bellevue is open 8:30AM to 5:30PM, seven days a week.
We strive to be as available as possible, by staffing our hospital all week long! Our team aims to provide reliable, compassionate veterinary care every day.
What we do
Open Seven Days a Week
We are open on weekends!
We currently have a staff of 7 veterinarians, several registered veterinary technicians, experienced assistants, and friendly receptionists taking shifts, 8:30AM to 5:30PM, seven days a week.
Being clear and direct is a priority.
Because you know your pet’s personality best, we always take great care to listen to your concerns, perform our necessary evaluation, and then communicate, as clearly as possible, the best course of action for your pet. For us, communication is key!
Tools & Technology
Several on-site diagnostics are available.
In addition to a range of in-clinic blood testing capabilities, we also have ultrasound imaging, and our digital x-ray equipment. And we use leading technology for monitoring, & caring for, patients under anesthesia (pulse oximetry, blood pressure monitors, ECG, temperature monitor, and capnography).
Veterinary care can be brought to your home.
The option for mobile veterinary service provides convenience to you and your pet. Whether it’s performing a check-up at home because your dog is not very mobile, or your cat is anxious about travelling, or it just works best for you, our mobile service provides quality care and comfort to both our human clients and their pets.
Our Veterinary Team
Dr. Shelagh Hislop
Dr. Shelagh Hislop has been working with us since 1992 after her graduation from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon. She is originally from Calgary, Alberta. Her love for animals, people, and science are what drew her to veterinary medicine as a career. Shelagh is seeing patients at the clinic 2-3 days/week, while raising her kids (and an everchanging array of pets at home). Her special interest areas are dentistry and soft tissue surgery. She enjoys running, and veggie gardening.
Dr. Jeff Dahl
Dr. Natacha Lesage
Dr. Natacha Lesage started her work with us in March 2006. She graduated from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon in 2002. Prior to her work here, she had practiced veterinary medicine in Oregon and also in England, as she and her husband traveled in Europe. Dr. Lesage has a very gentle nature and thus has a calming influence on our four-legged patients and their owners. Natacha is in the clinic 3 days/week, while she and her husband, David, are raising two young boys, and their canine child, Rocky.
Dr. Christine Bradbury
Dr. Cindy Smith
Dr Cindy Smith graduated from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in 1992. After
working in Alberta for a few years, she moved to Chilliwack to join Cheam View Veterinary
Hospital where she worked and eventually owned the practice for 17 years. She moved to
Parksville in 2011 and worked at Pacific Rim Veterinary Hospital until joining Bellevue
Veterinary Hospital in November 2020. Currently she shares her home with two Chihuahuas
Lexie and Terra Belle, and Loki a Ginger Tabby. She has a soft spot for senior pets and enjoys
working with them and their owners to keep them happy and comfortable into their golden
Dr. Jessica Paravicini
Dr. Jessica Paravicini grew up in Qualicum Beach and attended Vancouver Island University where she completed a degree in Biology. She then moved to Saskatoon to attend the Western College of Veterinary Medicine and graduated with great distinction. She returned to Vancouver Island to practice at a small animal hospital in Port Alberni before choosing to join the team at Bellevue Veterinary Hospital. Dr. Paravicini is a compassionate person who strives to provide high quality medicine to her patients. Her interests include preventative medicine and dentistry. When not at work she spends time with her husband, son, dog and horse. In her spare time she enjoys gardening, reading and horseback riding.
Latest Bellevue News & Information
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are continuing to follow recommendations from our provincial and federal governments and our veterinary authorities & advocacy groups (Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, College of Veterinarians of BC, and the Society for BC Veterinarians), and respond to our staff members’ concerns, in order to practice social distancing, while still, providing compassionate care for your pets.
- Vets & staff are available 7 days/week 8:30 to 5:30, but we have fewer people working each day.
- Our building is still closed to the public. We are offering curbside service. This means we will communicate with you in the parking lot and/or on the phone, and then we’ll take your pet into the clinic for the exam or procedure.
- Our Veterinary Housecall Service is once again operational, but is doing outdoor appointments only.
- Bellevue’s online store may help with social distancing and convenience. After registering, you can browse and order pet food and non-prescription products (not medications) any time of day or night. Items can later be delivered to the clinic for you to pick up, or they can be delivered to your door (for a $10 fee).
- In order to minimize contact at this time, we are continuing to offer telemedicine. We can consult and prescribe at a distance, when possible. Phone 250-248-2031 to enquire. (Sometimes emailed photos or videos are helpful to us, so keep this in mind. Some discussions may be done with video conferencing.)
If you need to come to the clinic:
- Please call our reception desk 250-248-2031 from the parking lot and we will go from there.
- All cats must be in a carrier of some kind. Please do not remove them from this carrier in the parking lot!
- All dogs must be on a leash and be capable of having us take them into the clinic without you at this time.
- Some very nervous pets may need sedation for us to examine them without you. Sometimes this can be set up for you, ahead of time, before bringing the pet. We can discuss this option is you feel it might be necessary.
- Please alert us, before arriving, if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness within the last 10 days (coughing, fever, GI upset) or have had direct contact with someone who has had these symptoms or someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Thank you so much for your patience during this time…
Please stay safe and healthy!
View our blog
Our Mission Statement
To communicate options, while respecting the decisions of our clients, so that we are able to help them provide their pets with the best health care possible.
Our Top Priorities
wE STRIVE FOR our patients TO BE as comfortable as possible, while their owners trust our expertise, and experience our compassion. the standard of care WE PROVIDE is the same THAT we would GIVE to our own CHERISHED PETS.
Bellevue Veterinary Hospital
1016 Bellevue Road, Box 336
Parksville, BC • V9P 2G5
Please call the hospital for an appointment. Our phone lines are open 7 days a week from 8AM to 5:30PM